Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Suspect Arrested in Murder of FSU Professor Dan Markel
- Stae Wins Lawsuit Over Adequacy of Education
- Rep. Charles McBurney’s Judicial Bid Targeted by the NRA
- Mental Health Legislation “Ceremonially” Signed
- Proposed Surface Water Standards Under Fire
- Searching For a Great Florida Man
- Insurers Challenge Law Requiring Beneficiary Search
- Economists Debate Gambling Proposal
Capitol News Service Channel
Oops, something went wrong.
- Suspect Arrested in Murder of FSU Professor Dan Markel 1, May26, 2016There were no leads in the case of a Florida state Professor killed execution style in 2014…until now. As Matt Galka tells us, police investigating the nearly two year old murder case now have a suspect in custody. For nearly two years, the murder of Florida State University Law Professor Dan Markel was a mystery. […]Matt Galka
- Stae Wins Lawsuit Over Adequacy of Education 1, May25, 2016Educational and political leaders are trumpeting their win in a 7 year legal battle over whether Florida Schools were living up to their constitutional mandate. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, the legal battle is not over. Florida’s Constitution requires a free, uniform, high quality public school system. But, for the last seven years, educators, […]Mike Vasilinda
- Rep. Charles McBurney’s Judicial Bid Targeted by the NRA 1, May24, 2016A term limited Jacksonville lawmaker is seeing his bid to become a judge come under fire from the NRA. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, the lawmaker refused to allow an NRA priority bill come up in the final days of the legislative session. In his role as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Charles […]Mike Vasilinda
- Mental Health Legislation “Ceremonially” Signed 1, May24, 2016Governor Rick Scott was in South Florida today ceremonially signing legislation that is designed to clarify treatment options when police pick up someone acting out on the street. Before the legislation, two conflicting statutes made it unclear who was responsible for diagnosing problems. Mike Hansen of the Florida Council for Community Mental Health says the […]Mike Vasilinda
- Proposed Surface Water Standards Under Fire 1, May23, 2016Citing new science, The state is proposing changing the standards for chemicals that can be released into surface waters, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, environmental groups are crying foul. The state is proposing changing the criteria for releasing 43 regulated chemicals into surface waters. It would also allow higher limits for about half of […]Mike Vasilinda
- Searching For a Great Florida Man 1, May19, 2016Who’s statue should be enshrined in Washingotn, DC as a representative of Florida? As Matt Galka tells us, the Department of State needs your help for nominations…and plenty of people are already weighing in. The Department of State is looking for a great Florida man (or woman). The Florida legislature voted earlier this year to […]Matt Galka
- Insurers Challenge Law Requiring Beneficiary Search 1, May18, 2016Florida made national news when it required life insurers to look back 25 years and pay beneficiaries that have not come forward, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, four companies have filed a legal challenge to the legislation. Authors of the legislation say Insurance companies regularly check the national death master file but when some […]Mike Vasilinda
- Economists Debate Gambling Proposal 1, May18, 2016A proposed constitutional amendment on gambling for 2018 ( two years away) has some state economists and opponents scratching their heads already. Matt Galka has more. More casinos? Less Casinos? What about slots…and more table games? They’re all recurring questions that Florida faces…and the clarity is lacking right now. A proposed constitutional amendment for […]Matt Galka
- Former Scott Campaigners Working for the Donald 1, May17, 2016The man widely credited with masterminding Rick Scott’s 2010 outsider campaign for Governor has been hired by Donald Trump, and as Mike Vasilinda reports, Florida political insiders from both sides of the isle say Democrats should be concerned. “I Rick Scott do solemnly swear” was the oath no one thought Rick Scott would ever take, […]Mike Vasilinda
- Group Puts Out First Medical Marijuana Attack Ad 1, May17, 2016Two years ago, Florida was within 2 percent of a vote that would have legalized medical marijuana. As Matt Galka tells us, the effort to legalize medicinal pot is back as Amendment 2 this November…but so is a heavy opposition. It’s expected to be the first of many attacks against Amendment 2…a medical marijuana […]Matt Galka
- Garrison Keillor"Thank you, God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough."
- Georg C. Lichtenberg"Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together."
- George S. Patton"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer."
- Catherine the Great"I praise loudly. I blame softly."