Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Fake Service Dog Legislation Takes Effect July First
- Abortion Law Back and Forth
- Jumping Sturgeon on the Suwanee
- Another City Opts Out of Red Light Camera Program
- Executions Back on Track after High Court Ruling
- Juice Gets the Budget Squeeze
- Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal Across U.S.
- Starting a Campaign?
Capitol News Service Channel
- Fake Service Dog Legislation Takes Effect July First 1, July1, 2015Starting today, people using fake service dogs might find it a littler harder to pull off their scam. New Legislation gives businesses more flexibility, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, the legislation also makes sure people with real disabilities aren’t mistreated. Meet Lando….and owner Tiffany Baylor. Tiffany is sight challenged. “For me, I see my […]Mike Vasilinda
- Abortion Law Back and Forth 1, July1, 2015A North Florida judge temporarily blocked a 24 hour abortion waiting period law from taking effect Wednesday, but the decision was immediately appealed. As Matt Galka tells us, that meant the law did apply to Floridians, but opponents continued the fight. July 1st is typically a day where new laws take effect and plenty did […]Matt Galka
- Jumping Sturgeon on the Suwanee 1, June30, 2015Each year thousands of prehistoric Gulf Sturgeon enter the Suwanee and six other rivers in Florida. The fish are know to jump, and have hurt two people, neither seriously, so far this year. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, state officials are warning July fourth boaters to be on the lookout. The Suwanee River. Quiet. Peaceful. […]Mike Vasilinda
- Another City Opts Out of Red Light Camera Program 1, June30, 2015The $158 dollar red light camera fine has annoyed plenty of drivers around the state. As Matt Galka tells us, another city is opting out of the program – and cities around the state aren’t seeing the same amount of money coming in they once did. Attorney Ian Nesbeth has defended dozens of red light […]Matt Galka
- Executions Back on Track after High Court Ruling 1, June29, 2015The US Supreme Court has ruled that the drug midazolam is acceptable for use in lethal injections. Four Oklahoma convicts had challenged the drugs use, and Florida courts stopped executions here pending the outcome. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, the ruling is now likely to open the door to dozens of executions in Florida. The […]Mike Vasilinda
- Juice Gets the Budget Squeeze 1, June29, 2015Florida’s budget takes effect Wednesday and among the vetoes – a tourism staple. As Matt Galka tells us, money requested to serve free Florida orange and grapefruit juice at welcome centers got the ax. “Welcome to Florida would you like some juice.” That phrase has greeted tourists stopping by Florida welcome centers near the state […]Matt Galka
- Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal Across U.S. 1, June26, 2015A landmark Supreme Court decision has Marriage Equality advocates celebrating. As Matt Galka tells us, the ruling makes Florida’s ban, which was overturned earlier this year, a thing of the past. It was a special day on Friday for Equality Florida’s Jim VanRiper. 16 years ago he met his now husband. Now the anniversary will […]Matt Galka
- Starting a Campaign? 1, June26, 2015It’s early, but many say that Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn is planting the seeds for a 2018 run at the Governor’s office – and could be the Democrats best hope to resurrect the party. Matt Galka was there as Buckhorn addressed a political club in the state capital. A familiar name in Tampa made his […]Matt Galka
- Seminole’s Seek Resolution In Gambling Deal 1, June25, 2015The Seminole Tribe of Florida is drawing a line in the sand over the continuation of the Seminole Gaming Compact. The tribe sent a letter to Governor Rick Scott on Wednesday saying they believe they can still continue to deal cards but stop paying the state revenue. The Compact gives the Seminoles exclusive rights to […]Matt Galka
- TaxWatch Releases Budget Turkeys…A Little Late 1, June25, 2015State Government spending watchdog Florida TaxWatch got beat to the punch this year in their annual budget veto recommendation list they call budget turkeys. The organization put out their budget turkey list Thursday – even though the Governor already signed the budget and did his vetoes on Monday. Turkeys are projects that didn’t get the […]Matt Galka
- George Edward Woodberry"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
- Euripides"There is just one life for each of us: our own."
- Mark Twain"I can live for two months on a good compliment."
- Sophocles"Our happiness depends on wisdom all the way."