Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Oysters Still Hurting
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season Begins
- Audubon Urges Caution for Beach Goers
- Memorial Day Travel Heaviest in Ten Years
- Disaster Ready
- Hope for the Developmentally Disabled in Special Session?
- Rick Scott’s Money Machine
- Rick Scott’s Political Future
Capitol News Service Channel
- Oysters Still Hurting 1, May26, 2015Florida oysters from the Apalachicola Bay on the gulf coast have seen a disastrous decline – leading to litigation among Florida, Georgia and Alabama over freshwater use. As Matt Galka tells us, a new federal plan aims to help water flow into the area…and restore livelihoods and oyster production in the state. It wasn’t a […]Matt Galka
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season Begins 1, May22, 2015In addition to being the traditional beginning of beach season, Memorial Day is also the start of turtle nesting season in Florida. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, hundreds of dedicated volunteers protect nesting areas that would otherwise go unnoticed and likely be damaged by unsuspecting beach goers. As the sun rises most mornings, you’ll find […]Mike Vasilinda
- Audubon Urges Caution for Beach Goers 1, May22, 2015Florida Audubon is urging beach goers to stay out of areas posted as bird nesting areas. Unlike many species sea birds lay their eggs directly on the sand and are often invisible to the untrained eye. Julie Waithmell of Audubon Florida says disturbing the birds could be catastrophic. “Most people don’t even realize that […]Mike Vasilinda
- Memorial Day Travel Heaviest in Ten Years 1, May21, 2015More Americans are expected to travel this weekend than anytime in the last ten years. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, expect more traffic and a bigger police presence this weekend. The weekend traffic has already started flowing. ”33 million people” Thats the number of Americans AAA says will be traveling this weekend. Can you guess […]Mike Vasilinda
- Disaster Ready 1, May21, 2015Florida has been lucky since 2005 when it comes to avoiding hurricanes, but every year could be *the* year the state gets hit again. As Matt Galka tells us, state officials are always at the ready. Florida’s emergency operations center was a flurry of action Thursday. Two hurricanes had just walloped Florida. Luckily it was only […]Matt Galka
- Hope for the Developmentally Disabled in Special Session? 1, May20, 2015The hopes of thousands of parents of children with learning disabilities were dashed when state lawmakers went home early. The kids were promised brighter futures by top lawmakers, and as Mike Vasilinda tells us Governor Rick Scott may be rekindling some of that hope. Senate President Andy Gardiner is the father of an 11 year […]Mike Vasilinda
- Rick Scott’s Money Machine 1, May20, 2015Governor Rick Scotts Lets Get to Work Committee has raised more than two million dollars since last years election. The fundraising continues. Scott was asked why. “I think its important to continue to talk about what’s important to our state. You know, education funding tax cuts, to continue to grow jobs and bring companies here, […]Mike Vasilinda
- Rick Scott’s Political Future 1, May20, 2015Governor Rick Scott has hinted that he is considering a run for the US Senate in 2018 or perhaps a Presidential run in 2020. In tallahassee today, Scott was asked about his future political plans, and responded like most political figures thinking about a higher office. “I got three years and seven or eight […]Mike Vasilinda
- Standing Up for the Flag 1, May20, 2015Viral videos of people disrespecting the American flag have caused one patriotic Floridian to take action. Matt Galka tells us about the Panhandle woman launching her stars and stripes campaign in the run up to Memorial Day. This video from Valdosta State University, a Georgia school about 20 miles north of the state line, showed […]Matt Galka
- Budget Showdown Produces List of “What if’s” 1, May19, 2015State agencies are raising a myriad of things government would not be able to do if July first comes and goes without a new state budget. As Mike Vasilinda tells us the list of what state government would stop doing is 65 pages long. The Department of Revenue says child support payments would stop because […]Mike Vasilinda
- Jose Ortega y Gasset"Excellence means when a man or woman asks of himself more than others do."
- Leonardo da Vinci"Who sows virtue reaps honor."
- Helen Keller"So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good."
- Robert Green Ingersoll"The more liberty you give away the more you will have."