Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Volunteer Gets Crafty With Hand Painted Yard Signs for Candidate
- Lawsuit says medical marijuana question not on some ballots
- Federal Judge Rules Against Democrats in Registration Case
- Politics and Policy at the Pub Thanks to Florida State
- Just 12 Consumers have given to Consumers for Smart Solar
- Florida in the Middle of New Report Ranking State’s Gun Laws and Gun Violence
- Judge Rules in Favor of Dems, Orders Mismatching Signature Fix
- Supreme Court throws out new death sentencing scheme, inmates in limbo
- Federal Judge Rules Against Democrats in Registration Case 1, October20, 2016Thousands of Floridians took advantage of an extended voter registration deadline in the state, but getting them verified in time to cast a regular early voting ballot may be in doubt. As Matt Galka tells us, Florida Democrats hoped a federal judge could force the state’s hand and not make them cast provisional ballots. Florida […]Matt Galka
- Politics and Policy at the Pub Thanks to Florida State 1, October19, 2016Some people go to bars and restaurants to get away from the noise surrounding politics – especially during this unique political season. But as Matt Galka tells us, Florida state University is serving up heady policy discussion at a local pub. A couple of beers, a little bit of food…and some voting issues. That’s what […]Matt Galka
- Just 12 Consumers have given to Consumers for Smart Solar 1, October19, 2016Florida’s investor owned utilities have pumped more than 15 million into Amendment one on November’s ballot. They say it protects consumers who have solar and those who don’t, but many believe it will only promote solar developed by the very companies companies pushing the amendment. The ads are slick. “Just think one for the […]Mike Vasilinda
- Florida in the Middle of New Report Ranking State’s Gun Laws and Gun Violence 1, October18, 2016Florida is right in the middle when it comes to a new report correlating state’s gun laws and gun violence. But as Matt Galka tells us, some democrats in the state say we are going in the wrong direction. Stricter gun laws equals less gun violence. That’s the takeaway from the Center for American Progress […]Matt Galka
- Judge Rules in Favor of Dems, Orders Mismatching Signature Fix 1, October17, 2016Voters who mail in their ballots now have some peace of mind if they scribble their names too sloppy. As Matt Galka tells us, a federal judge made sure that people will have the chance to fix a signature mistake – and make sure their vote counts. “The state of Florida has consistently chipped away […]Matt Galka
- Supreme Court throws out new death sentencing scheme, inmates in limbo 1, October14, 2016The Supreme Court of Florida today said that a unanimous jury was required for the state to impose death, throwing out a newly enacted law that allowed ten jurors to impose the ultimate penalty, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, the court left unanswered what happens to the nearly 400 people already on death row. […]Mike Vasilinda
- Feds Suspect Florida Hack 1, October13, 2016Is Florida voting information in the hands of Russian hackers? As Matt Galka tells us, the feds think it might be, but a state agency says all is well. Cyber security and hacking have become prominent in the election cycle. Federal investigators believe Russian hackers are behind the attacks. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is […]Matt Galka
- Trump Remarks: Unsafe on any Campus 1, October12, 2016The book Unsafe on any Campus was released in July and details administrators inability to adequately deal with sexual assaults on campus, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, the author now says their problem could be more difficult because of lewd remarks by Donald Trump. When the Washington Post released the video of Donald Trump […]Mike Vasilinda
- Coalition calls for more Robust Zika Response, Input 1, October12, 2016A coalition of groups including Planned Parenthood and Equality Florida delivered a letter to Governor Rick Scott today, asking the state to open a two way communication on Zika and birth control issues. Kimberly Diaz of Planned Parenthood says legislation signed into law and later declared unconstitutional would have taken away access to birth control […]Mike Vasilinda
- Fire Safety Week 1, October12, 2016This is Fire Prevention Week and people visiting the state capitol are being asked “when was the last time you used a fire extinguisher? The question was posed to reporter Mike Vasilinda, who like most of us, said quite awhile. He then got a demonstration for the office of the Fire Marshall’s Renee McCord. […]Mike Vasilinda
- William James"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
- Orison Swett Marden"A will finds a way."
- Joseph Roux"When unhappy, one doubts everything; when happy, one doubts nothing."
- Billie Holiday"Sometimes it's worse to win a fight than to lose."