Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Docs vs. Glocks Battle Continues
- Third Special Session Called
- Walton County Votes to Replace Confederate Flag…With Different Confederate Flag
- State, Tribe Fire Off Letters On Gaming
- State Seeks E-Cig Regulations from Feds
- ADA Turns 25
- Attorneys General Want Big Five Phone Companies to Crack Down on Robo Calls
- Change the Vote
Capitol News Service ChannelComing soon...
- Third Special Session Called 1, July29, 2015An unprecedented admission by the Florida legislature has given way to another special session in the state for 2015. As Matt Galka tells us, groups that have been pushing for proper voting maps say the legislature is admitting they were wrong. The Florida Senate says their voting districts will most likely be unconstitutional and they’ll […]Matt Galka
- Walton County Votes to Replace Confederate Flag…With Different Confederate Flag 1, July28, 2015The confederate flag was still flying over a panhandle county’s courthouse Tuesday morning. Matt Galka was at the county commission meeting where officials voted on whether or not to keep the divisive symbol up. In Walton county located in Florida’s panhandle, it’s commonplace to see a truck decked out in Confederate flags. But the confederate flag […]Matt Galka
- State, Tribe Fire Off Letters On Gaming 1, July27, 2015The deal allowing blackjack and other table games at Seminole casinos in the state is just about up. As Matt Galka tells us, the state is wondering when the Tribe will end those games. Cards are still being dealt at Seminole Casinos around the state…for now. The provision in the Seminole Compact that gives the […]Matt Galka
- State Seeks E-Cig Regulations from Feds 1, July24, 2015The state’s top doctor is calling for warning labels on e cigarette devices and vials of liquid nicotine., It is already illegal for anyone under 18 to use or be sold e cigarette products, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, being illegal hasn’t stopped an explosion in underage use. State lawmakers make it clear last […]Mike Vasilinda
- ADA Turns 25 1, July24, 2015Life wasn’t easy for Americans living with disabilities a quarter of a century ago. But as Matt Galka tells us, the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities act is a cause for celebration, but doesn’t mean the work is done. John Kemp says there’s no comparison between 2015 and 1990. “It’s so much better […]Matt Galka
- Attorneys General Want Big Five Phone Companies to Crack Down on Robo Calls 1, July23, 2015If you’ve ever scrambled to answer your phone only to hear a recorded message, you are not alone. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, 45 State Attorneys General, including Florida’s, want the phone companies to do something about the calls. The come on a daily basis. Calls offering something for nothing. “It’s already been paid for, […]Mike Vasilinda
- Change the Vote 1, July23, 2015A bipartisan group of activists wants to drastically change the way candidates are selected. As Matt Galka tells us, the group says it’s an effort to include everyone. Closed primaries determine Florida’s partisan candidates for Congress, the state legislature, Governor and cabinet. But one group wants to change that. “Currently we have over 27 percent […]Matt Galka
- New Idea Could Bring More Lawyers to State 1, July22, 2015Floridians in need of a lawyer could have many more options in the near future. As Matt Galka tells us, the Florida Bar association is mulling over an idea to allow out of state lawyers to practice in the Sunshine State. Florida isn’t seeing a shortage of lawyers by any means. The more than 100 […]Matt Galka
- National Guard Armory Threatened 1, July21, 2015A threat is made to a National Guard facility down the street Florida’s Capitol. As Matt Galka tells us, it comes in the wake of a shooting tragedy in Tennessee less than a week ago, and after the Governor took steps to secure facilities around the state. Bomb sniffing dogs roamed the parking lot of […]Matt Galka
- A Marriage Uptick in Florida 1, July21, 2015A new report from the Department of Health shows slightly more people got married last year than the year before, ending what has been a decade long decline, And as Mike Vasilinda tells us, the number of divorces is also falling. Alma Reyes Rivera tided the knot with her beau Louis in a civil ceremony […]Mike Vasilinda
- Joseph Addison"A man should always consider how much he has more than he wants."
- Joyce Brothers"Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level."
- John Dewey"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over."