Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Solar Duplicity
- Group Pushing Recreational Marijuana Ballot Initiative
- Death Penalty Set to be Reviewed
- FHP Troopers Reprimanded, Fired, Suspended for Overtime Violations
- Emails Show Governor’s Office Changed Planned Parenthood Press Release
- Underage Bar Hopping Difficult for Lawmakers
- DOE says Test Scores Will Count, Superintendents Cry Foul
- Solar Amendment Gets Day in Court
Capitol News Service Channel
Oops, something went wrong.
- Group Pushing Recreational Marijuana Ballot Initiative 1, September4, 2015An amendment legalizing medical marijuana in Florida fell just short in 2014 and is making a push for 2016, but as Matt Galka tells us, a new group is pushing a recreational marijuana amendment. The future of marijuana in Florida is shaping up to be a burning question in 2016. A medical marijuana initiative barely […]Matt Galka
- Death Penalty Set to be Reviewed 1, September3, 2015Florida doesn’t have any scheduled executions on the books and is in the midst of it’s longest stretch without one since the Governor’s first year in office. As Matt Galka tells us, inmates on death row continue to appeal, with another death penalty debate brewing. This 2008 video from a St. Petersburg convenience store captured […]Matt Galka
- FHP Troopers Reprimanded, Fired, Suspended for Overtime Violations 1, September3, 2015One of three state troopers reviewed under a special overtime program to deter speeders has been found to claim overtime for hours spent at home or eating, But as Mike Vasilinda tells us, some of those being disciplined say they were following an unwritten rule that’s been in place for decades. More than 900 troopers […]Mike Vasilinda
- Emails Show Governor’s Office Changed Planned Parenthood Press Release 1, September2, 2015Emails show the Governor’s office changed a press release involving investigations into Planned Parenthood, and as Matt Galka tells us, the healthcare group says the changes show the Governor was only trying to play political games. Viral videos from another state sparked outrage over Planned Parenthood’s alleged fetal remains practices. The videos caused Governor Rick […]Matt Galka
- Underage Bar Hopping Difficult for Lawmakers 1, September2, 2015Wednesday is often called over the hump day, a chance to start celebrating the coming weekend. The drinking age in Florida is 21, but 18 year old’s are allowed in bars. It’s gotten three FSU football players in hot water, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, keeping underage people out of bars has always been […]Mike Vasilinda
- DOE says Test Scores Will Count, Superintendents Cry Foul 1, September1, 2015Test scores from this spring will count says the State Department of Education after a new report ordered by lawmakers has been released. But as Mike Vasilinda tells us, school superintendents say the report points out too many problems to ignore. After thousands of students were unable to take standardized tests this past spring, state […]Mike Vasilinda
- Solar Amendment Gets Day in Court 1, September1, 2015Florida Supreme Court Justices asked tough questions today about the intent of a proposed constitutional amendment that would let businesses install large solar arrays on their roof tops and then sell extra power to their neighbors. The measure is opposed by all of the states big power generators, and after the hearing Steven Smith of […]Mike Vasilinda
- Arrest Made in FSU Attempted Abduction 1, September1, 2015A 35 year old man is in custody in the state Capitol tonight. Antoine Warren was driving on the FSU Campus late Monday when he approached a young woman and asked if she was waiting for an Uber driver. The woman got into his car, but after driving aimlessly, the man tried to assault the […]Mike Vasilinda
- Ethics Commission Staff Seek Financial Disclosure Compliance 1, August31, 2015Hundreds of public officials across Florida are about to be fined twenty-five dollars a day because they have failed to file required financial disclosure information. The information was due July first, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us the grace period to file the financial snapshot for almost a thousand people who have yet to file […]Mike Vasilinda
- Tracking TS Erika 1, August28, 2015Watching and waiting. That’s what state officials and Floridians are doing as all eyes are on Tropical Storm Erika and it’s still to be determined path towards Florida. As Matt Galka tells us, the Governor has already issued a state of emergency. The effect Tropical Storm Erika will have on Florida is still very unclear. […]Matt Galka
- Robert Frost"The best way out is always through."
- Henry J. Kaiser"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."
- Alexis Carrel"All of us, at certain moments of our lives, need to take advice and to receive help from other people."
- Yogi Berra"There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em."
Oops, something went wrong.