Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Doctors Hope Appeals Court Lifts Gun Gag Order
- State DOC, Transitional Center Clash Over Potential Closing
- Insurance Commissioner Search Continues
- FSU Officers Honored
- Hurricane Tax?
- Rick Scott’s California Dreaming
- Madison Residents Cautious after Abduction, Return
- 24 Hour Abortion Waiting Period Bill On Hold Again
Capitol News Service Channel
Oops, something went wrong.
- Doctors Hope Appeals Court Lifts Gun Gag Order 1, April28, 2016Doctors opposing a law that prevents them from talking to patients about guns filed briefs this week in an appeals court. As Matt Galka tells us, the ongoing legal fight looks to be continued on the federal level. A group of doctors are hoping a law imposing a gag order on them preventing conversations about […]Matt Galka
- State DOC, Transitional Center Clash Over Potential Closing 1, April27, 2016A prisoner rehab and non profit in south Florida is on the verge of closing as the state’s department of corrections plans to use it, instead, for, for office space. As Matt Galka tells us, critics say it isn’t the right move for rehabbing prisoners, and are afraid the same could happen to similar facilities […]Matt Galka
- Insurance Commissioner Search Continues 1, April26, 2016Florida’s Governor and another top state official are still in a standoff over who should be the state’s next chief insurance regulator. Governor Rick Scott and Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater need to agree with each other on who the next Florida Insurance Commissioner can be before they can be hired…but for the second meeting […]Matt Galka
- FSU Officers Honored 1, April26, 2016The officers who helped prevent a shooting at Florida State’s library from turning into a bigger tragedy were honored by the Governor and cabinet Tuesday. Five officers were awarded the medal of heroism for their actions on November 20th 2014. They responded to an active shooter situation at FSU’s Strozier library where an alumni turned […]Matt Galka
- Hurricane Tax? 1, April26, 2016A decade of no hurricanes is a streak the state hopes will continue – but what if it doesn’t? As Matt Galka tells us, state leaders are considering re-insuring the pot of cash Florida has on hand just in case we get hit by the big one – and it could cost you a little […]Matt Galka
- Rick Scott’s California Dreaming 1, April26, 2016Governor Rick Scott is off to California next week in search of jobs, ,and as Mike Vasilinda tells us, the Governor is already sparing with California’s Governor. On Monday, Enterprise Florida released a radio ad titled Keep the sunshine, Lose the taxes. It’s running in Los Angeles and San Fransisco, and takes the Golden State […]Mike Vasilinda
- Madison Residents Cautious after Abduction, Return 1, April25, 2016A week ago today, a seven your old boy knocked on the door of a Jacksonville home almost 13 hours after he had been abducted from his home a hundred miles away in Madison. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, police are still looking for a suspect and have offered a fifty thousand dollar reward. As […]Mike Vasilinda
- 24 Hour Abortion Waiting Period Bill On Hold Again 1, April25, 2016Since last year, a controversial law requiring women to wait 24 hours before they can get an abortion has been bogged down in ongoing legal fights. As Matt Galka tells us, the law – which has been on and off the books for nearly a year – is stalled once again. Momentum swung back towards […]Matt Galka
- New Law Hopes to put Florida at Forefront of Healthcare Transparency 1, April22, 2016If you’ve ever needed a medical procedure, one question that always comes up: how much? As Matt Galka tells us, a new law hopes to put Florida at the forefront of answering that question. After Florida lawmakers pushed back against Medicaid expansion – the quest to keep healthcare costs down and affordable in Florida turned […]Matt Galka
- Amendment One Funds Still Being Diverted 1, April22, 2016Three of every four voters in 2014 said they wanted to use an existing tax source to fund land and water acquisition, but as Mike Vasilinda tells us, nearly one in three dollars of that money is being spent somewhere else this year, and environmentalists aren’t happy. The land and water conservation amendment on the […]Mike Vasilinda
- John Burroughs"Leap, and the net will appear."
- Pope Paul VI"Nothing makes one feel so strong as a call for help."
- Vladimir Horowitz"Perfection itself is imperfection."
- Noel Coward"Work is much more fun than fun."