Posted in | No Comments »
Florida's Best Political Television Coverage
- Planned Parenthood Seeks Injunction in Federal Court
- Dems Force Special Session Poll
- SCOTUS Abortion Ruling Could Have Florida Impact
- Murder Suspect in FSU Professor Slaying In Court
- Bear Hunt Postponed
- FWC Debates Future of Bear Hunt
- Confederate General to Get the Boot
- Congressional Candidate Creates Firestorm with Firearm Give Away
Capitol News Service Channel
Oops, something went wrong.
- Dems Force Special Session Poll 1, June28, 2016Republican state leaders have made it clear that calling a special legislative session for gun laws isn’t on their list of priorities. As Matt Galka tells us, that hasn’t stopped Democrats from trying. Florida Democrat staff dropped off 46 petitions at the Secretary of State’s office Tuesday morning. The letters called for a survey of all […]Matt Galka
- SCOTUS Abortion Ruling Could Have Florida Impact 1, June27, 2016The Supreme Court of the United States dealt a blow to pro-life supporters with a ruling against a Texas abortion access law. And as Matt Galka tells us, the high court’s ruling could have implications here in Florida. Florida lawmakers passed a law earlier this year hitting abortion clinics with tougher regulations. Abortion doctors would […]Matt Galka
- Murder Suspect in FSU Professor Slaying In Court 1, June24, 2016One of the prime suspects in a possible murder for hire plot of a beloved Florida State Professor was in court Friday morning. As Matt Galka tells us, the suspect’s attorney says the state has no hard evidence and his client should be a free man. Sigfredo Garcia was led into his bond hearing Friday […]Matt Galka
- Bear Hunt Postponed 1, June23, 2016For many, another bear hunt seemed like a done deal this year, but an all day meeting made way for a postponement to the controversial black bear season. As Matt Galka tells us, anti-hunt groups are claiming partial victory. More than 100 people gave an earful about Florida’s bear hunt Wednesday. After eight hours of […]Matt Galka
- FWC Debates Future of Bear Hunt 1, June22, 2016Will bears be hunted again this year after a controversial 2015 bear season sparked public outcry? As Matt Galka tells us, there’s still plenty of opposition, but fish and wildlife officials are recommending another *scaled back* hunt Hunter Bill George travelled all the way from Zephyr Hills up to Eastpoint, FL, A small panhandle town […]Matt Galka
- Confederate General to Get the Boot 1, June22, 2016The statute of a Confederate General representing Florida in the Nations capitol could soon be replaced. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, a special committee today narrowed a list of 130 possible replacements down to three. General Edmund Kirby Smiths statute has represented Florida in the nation’s Capitol since 1922. This year, lawmakers decided that honoring […]Mike Vasilinda
- Congressional Candidate Creates Firestorm with Firearm Give Away 1, June22, 2016A congressional candidate in Florida’s Panhandle plans to give away an AR-15 rifle on July Fourth, and as Mike Vasilinda tells us, what may seem insensitive in some parts of Florida is being greeted with enthusasim in the small town of Baker. Florida doesn’t get more rural than Baker, Population about three hundred give or […]Mike Vasilinda
- Officials Consider Another Bear Hunt 1, June21, 2016Last year’s bear hunt in the state was supposed to be a week long but ended in only two days after thousands of hunters descended into Florida woods. As Matt Galka tells us, state officials will start planning this week for another possible hunt even though critics aren’t changing their stance. American Sportsman Taxidermy is […]Matt Galka
- Gun Law Goes to Federal Appeals Court Tuesday 1, June20, 2016Doctors have been fighting a Florida gun law for five years that controls what they can and can’t say to patients about guns. As Matt Galka tells us, they’re hoping a federal court soon sees things their way. Dr. Louis St. Petery thinks he, and all doctors, should be able to ask their patients about […]Matt Galka
- Off to the Races; Candidate Qualifying Begins 1, June20, 2016Today is the official beginning of what many are calling the most chaotic election cycle in recent history. As Mike Vasilinda tells us, this is the week for would be candidates to put up or shut up. One candidate you’ve probably never heard of parked semi trucks outside the office where candidate qualify. “So […]Mike Vasilinda
- Sophocles"Our happiness depends on wisdom all the way."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca"While we are postponing, life speeds by."
- Franklin P. Jones"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
- Plato"Man - a being in search of meaning."